Those helping the Malone family have worked to streamline information for those who want to raise money for the family that has suffered greatly in the last week.
If you recall, the Malone family were victims in a devastating Jan. 12 house fire that claimed the lives of six of their nine children. Katie Malone, a staffer with U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings’ office, survived the blaze along with three of her kids. (Baltimore Sun)
There has been an outpouring of support for the Malone family.
A GoFundMe page was set-up almost instantly to help the family recover. Businesses have also established fundraisers with more coming up including:
- Peace a Pizza in Catonsville; Wed., Jan. 18 from 11 a.m. -8:30 p.m.
- Gift Card collections at local fire houses:
- Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department Hall; Jan. 18 and 25 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. and Wed., Jan. 25
- White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company; Sat., Jan. 21 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Collections of donations at Narcissus Salon until close of business Friday, Jan. 20
- Bull roast at Columbus Gardens to benefit the family April 29